NLUD Student Law Journal (Volume 5)
NLUD Student Law Journal is National Law University, Delhi’s flagship journal.
It is an annual student edited, peer-reviewed law journal, which seeks to
provide a forum for engaging in discussions on varied issues of contemporary
importance in domestic and international law and policy. The aim of the journal
is to provide a platform for discussion of matters relating to crucial
developments in the legal field. Volume 4 of the journal hosted articles from various noted
scholars and professionals such as Prof. Upendra Baxi, Nakul Dewan and Aditya
Swarup. The Editorial Board is pleased to invite scholarly submissions from
students, academicians, practitioners and researchers for Volume 5 of
due to be published by June 2018 .
1. All Submissions must be as long or short
articles with a length ranging between 3,000 to 10,000 words, inclusive of
2. ‘Articles’ can also be in the form of essays,
case and legislative comments and book reviews.
must revolve around the law and the sphere of legal studies. It is advisable to
select themes that are of contemporary relevance and have an issue of law to be
engaged with analytically. Papers dealing with foreign themes, in any of the
above categories, should also engage with its relevance in the Indian context.
4. The Writing Guidelines are recommendatory, and the Editorial Board
reserves the right to make selections based upon its discretionary
assessment of each submission.
Guidelines 5. Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
6. All submissions must contain a title. All submissions must be
accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. Submissions above 6,000
words must also contain an index.
7. All submissions must have 1.5 line spacing in Times
New Roman font, with font size 12.
8. Citations must be in the form of footnotes. Endnotes or bibliography
are not permitted. Footnotes must be single-spaced in Times New Roman
format, with font size 10. Submissions must conform to the Oxford University Standard for Citation
of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition.
9. The manuscript itself must not contain any reference to the author’s
name, institution or affiliation. The submission shall be accompanied with
a document containing the author’s complete name, academic qualifications,
affiliation (if any) and contact details, in a separate attachment.
10. Submissions are accepted only in electronic form. The submission
must be made in a Microsoft Word (.docx) format via e-mail to [email protected] with the email title
as ‘Submission – SLJ.
11. Multiple submissions by the same author are permitted. Each
submission will have to independently comply with these guidelines. However,
resubmissions and revisions of a previously submitted paper are not
permitted. The Editorial Board shall have the discretion to decide whether
a submission is new or simply a resubmission of a previously submitted
12. The deadline for the submission of manuscripts
is 21 December 2017.