Call for Submissions
NLUD Journal of Legal Studies, Volume I
The Editorial Board of the NLUD Student Law Journal has recently launched the NLUD Journal of Legal Studies. The Journal of Legal Studies (JLS) is National Law University Delhi’s annual student edited, peer-reviewed law journal. It seeks to provide a forum for engaging in discussions on varied issues of contemporary importance in domestic and international law and policy. The aim of the journal is to draw attention to and provide critical insight into crucial issues impacting the legal sphere. The Editorial Board is pleased to invite submissions from academics, researchers, practitioners, and students for the inaugural issue of the journal.
1. The Journal of Legal Studies invites submissions under the following categories: -
- Articles: 5,000 to 10,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Essays: 3,000 to 5,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: 2,000 to 3,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Book Reviews: 2,000 to 3,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
2. It is advisable to choose a theme that is of contemporary relevance and has an issue of law to be engaged with analytically. Papers dealing with foreign themes, in any of the above categories, should also engage with its relevance in the Indian context.
3. Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
4. All submissions must have 1.5 line spacing in Times New Roman format, with font size 12.
5. Submissions must conform to the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition.
6. Submissions are accepted only in electronic form. The submission must be made in a Microsoft Word (.docx) format via e-mail to [email protected] with the email title as ‘Submission – JLS’.
7. The deadline for the submission of manuscripts is January 19, 2019. Manuscripts submitted after the deadline shall be reviewed for the next volume on a rolling basis.
8. The submission must be an original unpublished work. Submissions should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
9. Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the property of National Law University, Delhi. All rights are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence. On subsequent reproduction, the authors would be required to credit the original publication in the Journal of Legal Studies. The University reserves the right to reproduce, publish and distribute any paper submitted for publication in all media, including but not limited to electronic and print media.
10. Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe upon the rights of any third party. All submissions will be run through anti-plagiarism software and plagiarism in any form will result in instant rejection of the submission.
11. After review, manuscripts may be returned to authors suggesting changes to content, style or structure. Acceptance of the piece for publication may be made contingent upon incorporating the suggestions.
12. For any questions or clarifications, the authors may contact the Board at [email protected].
Please note that publication of the volume under the title ‘NLUD Journal of Legal Studies’ is subject to registration being completed by July 2019, failing which the manuscripts would be published under the title ‘NLUD Student Law Journal, Volume 6’.