1. The submission must be an original
unpublished work. Submissions should not be simultaneously considered by any
2. Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the
property of National Law University, Delhi. Permission for any subsequent
publication/reprint/derivative work/submission must be obtained from the
Editorial Board of the Student Law Journal. Once submitted, the Editorial Board
of the Student Law Journal reserves the right to reproduce, publish and
distribute any paper submitted for publication in all media, including, but not
limited to electronic and print media.
3. Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition
that they do not infringe upon the rights of any third party.
4. All submissions will be run through anti-plagiarism
software and plagiarism in any form will result in instant rejection of the
5. The decision of the Editorial Board regarding the
acceptance/rejection of a submission shall be final. The Board shall not be
bound to disclose the reasons for such rejection.
6. Authors may withdraw their manuscripts 4 weeks after
submission after which withdrawals of submissions would not be permitted. The
Editorial Board may allow withdrawals of submissions on a case-to-case basis at
7. The Editorial Board shall endeavour to inform authors of
the status of their submission as it goes through each stage of review. Submissions
are liable to be rejected at any stage of the review.
8. After review, manuscripts will be returned to authors
suggesting changes to content, style or structure. Acceptance of the piece for
publication may be made contingent upon incorporating such suggestions.
9. The Editorial Board shall not be responsible for any
material that is libellous or scandalous. The author shall be presumed to have
obtained necessary permissions from cited authors in case a cited work is
10. The Editorial Board may
review the accuracy of citations. However the final responsibility for accuracy
of facts, quotations and citations in the submission rests with the author. The
author may be asked to present copies of the materials cited in the paper.
A consolidated copy of the Editorial Policy and the Call for Papers for Volume 5 can be found here.